It’s been a fun first week of blogging at SodakBeer.com and it’s been a fun week of drinking beer. Here are my favorites this week:
- Overdraft Barrel Aged w/Raspberry by Bank Brewing Company. A beautiful barrel-aged sour from our friends in Hendricks, Minnesota. It’s a 750ml bottle full of bright, tart flavor. 6% ABV. Spendy but worth it. My ranking – 4.5 out of 5.
- Overdraft Barrel Aged (Tart Red Ale) by Bank Brewing Company. One of the four in the Overdraft Series (others are Raspberry, Cherry and Blackberry). 6% ABV. My ranking – 4.25 out of 5.
- Elephunk by Odell Brewing Company. This imperial wild ale is hard to describe. There is something about the mustiness of it that makes me want more. It’s woody and has some pineapple overtones. A very expensive 12oz bottle – (about $10 – $11). 9.9% ABV. My ranking – 4.25 out of 5.
- Pinot Suave by Deschutes Brewery. A ton of wine flavor. It tastes more boozy than it is, but it’s got plenty of that at 11.2% ABV. I found it got much, much better toward the end of the bottle when it had warmed up. My ranking – 4 out of 5.
- Luverne Lager by Take 16 Brewing Company. I am not a Vienna Lager fan, but this one is damn good. We held a beer event and all of the geeks in the room were wowed by what these guys did to a seemingly simple lager. 5.5% ABV. My ranking – 4 out of 5.
Other Notable Beers of the week
- Voodoo Ranger 8 Hop Pale Ale by New Belgium Brewing Company
- Runoff Red by Odell Brewing Company
- Stormy Jack by Take 16 Brewing Company
- Worthy Adversary by Fulton Beer
- Le Terroir by New Belgium Brewing Company
- Death Breath by Hydra Beer Company
- Pulp Fusion by Boulder Beer Company
- Spin the Bottle by Take 16 Brewing Company
- Country Mile by Take 16 Brewing Company
- Sundown Nut Brown by Take 16 Brewing Company
- Kick The Can by Take 16 Brewing Company